Friday, March 7, 2008

Bonda


Well it had to happen some day; I have fallen ill. Who and what to blame for the poisonous food inside me that makes me sick and gives me the drizzling shits???






Yesterday's diet looked like this.

Egg curry, 4 appams (like over sized crumpets)
4 coffees
Bonda (like a doughnut but chewier best eaten hot) and 2 black teas
Egg curry, green peas curry (pronounced green peace), chick pea masala
6 parothas
Vegetable Pillou (rice) and daal thadka (lentil curry)
4 Pappadum
1 bowl of vegetable yoghurt
2 Beers
1 fizzy pop
3 litres of water

Errm doesn’t sound good does it.

Experts (those responsible for all my food except the Bonda) blame the Bonda bought from a tea stall near the estate of Mlamala. According to Mr Devas of Devas restaurant, Bondas should never be eaten “problem powder making”. Today, for the first time since October I have a fancy for a cheese sandwich, possibly crisps and a biscuit and banana combination perhaps with ice cream.
Anyhow incapacitation isn’t the end of the world, its worse. For me it results in endless list making (see above) list upon list upon list in multiple notebooks each full of lists of half completed tasks. Now I am compiling the best of the best lists to see what I have forgotten in the last admittedly very busy 5 months.
Hopefully be back up and moving tomorrow and shift back to Munnar and then Kodaikanal (which has appeared on one of my lists of new areas to research).

No comments: