Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bones


A bit new to this blogging while I am not in India but with a bust collarbone stopping me from doing anything much of interest I can share my ennui with you all.

Ten things that a broken collarbone has taught me.

It can make you obsessive. Seem to spend most of the day feeling the broken part in fear that it might come apart again at anytime.

I am obsessive, obsessive enough to make lists about 10 things that a broken collarbone has taught me.

Bonegunge. In the first week of broken misery, be careful not to accelerate your heart beat (so stay off the exercise) otherwise the precious healing material that medics called bonegunge will be washed away from the broken bit of your bones and you won’t ever stick back together again. Now they tell me.

Stay of the ale. Ale stops bonegunge and general healing. Late to learn this one. 4 weeks in and just learnt that and now it’s too late.

Erecting a cycle turbo trainer with only one arm is very difficult. As most users of turbo trainers presumably can only use one arm (no one would use them if they did not have a broken collarbone) manufacturers should take this into consideration.

Use of a turbo trainer for more than 1 hour a day 7 days in succession could be seen as signs of obsessive behavioural patterns.

Having a day off the turbo trainer turns you to drink and list making.

Joke of the week. When joining a broken collarbone online help group I was asked for a password of 8 characters so I went for Snow white and the 7 dwarfs.

Bradley Wiggins is in storming form in the Vuelta and he broke his collarbone about 8 weeks ago.

I am not Bradley Wiggins.

1 comment:

PaTFitz said...

Great report Mr Wiggins